Hey there readers! Long time, no blog! I have to apologize for the utter lack of content these past few weeks, I’m in the midst of a move. Every time I think “oh, I should blog” I get distracted by something else that needs to be packed. Today, the urge to blog won over my packing needs.
I recently placed a small order on Sephora.com and the Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant was one of the things included. I know what you’re thinking, why am I reading a review about deodorant?! Well I would’ve thought the same thing before reading all the positive reviews on the Sephora website. I had heard several beauty bloggers talk about this product and know that regular deodorant can be full of some nasty chemicals, so I decided to give this natural version a try. One full-size deodorant is $14 for 1.7oz but I picked up the mini 2-pack which is $14 for 1.8oz all together. Always trying to find a deal!
- This deodorant is 100% natural, and free of parabens and aluminum.
- It has a nice cooling effect when applied.
- It seems to keep me BO free all day.
- The smell takes some getting used to. Originally I hated it, now it’s growing on me.
- This is only a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. If you are really sweaty, this won’t help.
- The price is the biggest hurdle for me. I don’t think I can justify spending so much on a deodorant!
I think this is definitely a great product. I love that it’s all natural and free of some gross chemicals. I don’t love that it’s so expensive but I suppose you get what you pay for. For now, I will continue to use this deodorant until it’s gone but I think I’ll end up switching back to my regular Secret or perhaps making a DIY version?! Let me know if that’s something you would want to see.
If you are interested in trying out Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant,